Last year we published our best-selling book Content Fortress (yay!). You might have heard us talking about it but you might NOT have heard that we also have a Content Fortress Course.
In this article, I’m going to break down everything you need to know about the content fortress course. That way, you’ll know if it’s right for you.
But first, you might wonder why I’ve decided to write this article. And that’s because I understand the course is an investment, and I also understand that if you’re going to invest your money you want to know if this is right for you.
The article is an unbiased view of the course to help you make an informed buying decision.
And fun fact – this is exactly the kind of content we teach you to create in our course!
What is the Content Fortress Course?
The course will walk you through exactly how to use content marketing to help you attract better, higher-paying clients and customers.
It isn’t just ‘theory’. It’s practical lessons that tell you exactly what content you should create and how you should create it.
What problems will the Content Fortress course solve?
The course is not for everyone, and it’s relatively specific with who it helps. Here are the problems the course solves:
- You have no control over the leads and sales that come through your business and you’re relentlessly chasing after prospects
- You spend a lot of time with prospects who don’t buy from you
- Your clients don’t value your time or expertise
- You struggle with problem clients
- You spend a lot of time communicating with clients when you’d rather spend that time actually doing work (or even some time off!)
- You do a lot of work outside of the ‘scope’ of the project and often have to have those ‘awkward’ conversations with clients
Why Have We Created the Content Fortress Course?
In all honesty, we didn’t wake up one day and just decide to create a course. The whole content fortress framework was actually a ‘happy accident’ born out of some pretty unhappy circumstances.
We used to struggle with prospects who would appear so keen on signing up, only to ghost us. And we’d waste hours and hours on people who weren’t the right fit.
We also used to struggle with clients who undervalued our time and expertise. We’d have problems with scope creep, clients demanding replies to emails in the evening or at weekends, and clients not wanting our advice – they wanted ‘yes-men’ who would do whatever they said.
It had got to the point where we’d had enough. It was impacting our mental health ( and I experienced some pretty scary physical side-effects of this stress too ).
We had previously used content marketing to generate leads and sales for our business, but then we thought to ourselves if we can use content to grow our business, can we use it to prevent those problems from happening? And can we use it to gain better, higher-paying clients?
And that’s how the ‘Content Fortress’ came about – the fortress is a metaphor for your business, and using content to protect your business, time and mental health.
What’s included in the course?
Here is exactly what is included in the course…
- An in-Depth 14 Module Video Course that will go through the 8 pillars that make a content fortress.
- Fill-in-the-Blanks Written Content Templates – blog posts already bulleted so all you need to do is fill it in
- Copy and Paste Email Templates you can use to communicate your new content with your prospects and clients
- A Private Facebook community – where you can gain new ideas and feedback on your content
- A Content Planning Matrix with over 50 content titles/ideas
- Social Media Prompts to help you promote your content
- The Content Fortress Course Workbook – fill in the workbook as you follow along with the course to help you create your content
- An 加拿大28开奖查询详情 Checklist you can use for every piece of content you create
What do the Video Modules Include?
There are 14 modules in total. And in each module, there are 4-5 videos.
We’ve kept each video bitesize (around 10-15 minutes each), because we personally hate videos that go on for hours and hours.
Having bitesize videos gives people a choice: binge watch or just watch one or two, 15 minute videos a day instead.
The course modules are as follows…
- Content Fortress Overview – What the Framework is all abou t
- Your Goals – Helping you hone in on exactly what you want to achieve from your content
- Repelling Content – How to repel those who aren’t the right fit for your business
- Attracting Content – How to attract those who have never considered you before or aren’t aware you exist
- Sales Content – How to directly sell your products or services without being salesy (FYI, this content is an example of Sales Content)
- Pricing Content – How to discuss pricing so you can charge more and raise your prices with ease
- Guiding Content – How to guide your prospects into becoming well-informed, happy clients
- Process Content – How to use content once you’ve made the sale to make your life much easier
- Culture Content – How to use your values and beliefs to attract your ‘right-fit’ clients
- Opinion Content – How to stop those irritating things that happen in your business and attract the right people
- Tone of Voice (To be added soon)
- Storytelling (To be added soon)
- Writing for non-writers – how to easily write well (To be added soon)
- How to optimise your content (To be added soon)
How much does it cost? And why is the price going up?
The cost of the Content Fortress Course is currently only $297 (early bird price) the full price will be going up to $497 on the 30th July 2021. Prices may include VAT depending on where you are in the world.
The price will go up when all modules are added. Essentially, you get it cheaper because you’re buying in early.
Why is the course so expensive?
As I said earlier, we didn’t just wake up one day and decide to create a course. This is a culmination of years of practice and experimentation.
We’ve put everything into this course. And we personally hate anything that’s just ‘theory’ based. So we’ve made it practical – telling you exactly what content to create ( i.e. giving you the exact titles and what you should include ) and how to create it.
We’ve also included real-life examples in there – because we know that people learn best when they can see other businesses doing the same thing.
The whole course took a year to create once we’d decided to do it. The reason it’s so expensive is mainly that…
- The examples we give within the course means we had to spend a lot of time interviewing other businesses successfully doing the same thing
- It took us a year to develop the course, ideas and content
- The ‘practical’ nature of the course gives you the ‘how’ and not just the theory
- The software we use (we use Thinkific, which is a great platform for user experience but it is pricey)
- The ROI – if you implement what we suggest in the course, it can lead to higher-paying clients, a lot less stress and a lot more time in your business
Is there a refund policy?
Because all the elements of the course are downloadable, there are no refunds.
Who is this for?
The Content Fortress Course is not for everyone and we only want you to buy it if it’s right for you.
This is for IF:
- You’re particularly interested in getting better, higher-paying clients or customers who are eager to buy from you
- You’re open to new ideas when it comes to creating public content – even if they sound a bit scary!
- You value honesty and want to deliver your customers and potential customers the best service
- You can invest some time into creating content
This is NOT for you if:
- You’re a ‘stack em high, sell em cheap’ kind of business that competes solely on price ( nothing wrong with that, this just isn’t right for you )
- The thought of ultra-transparent content marketing (or anything public) turns you off. For example, talking about your prices publicly.
- You don’t see the value at all in content marketing and would prefer to use ads or other channels instead
- You’re not willing to invest time in content
How long will it take to go through the Content Fortress Course?
The course has 14 modules, and each module has 4-5 videos. Each video is approx 10-15 minutes each.
We did it this way because when we learn we like to watch maybe 30 minutes of content over our lunch every day. And we hate hours and hours of video!
So in total, there are around 13 hours (approximately) of content. And then there’s added things like the resources you can use.
The good thing about this though is you don’t have to watch the entire thing to get content ideas and start creating ‘Content Fortress content’. A lot of customers watch one module (such as Repelling Content) go onto create the content, and then watch the next module. And so on.
Can I See Behind the Scenes?
Sure, there’s a video you can watch below that shows you how it’s all laid out…
Who will be delivering the training?
We deliver the training, Martin (me) and Lyndsay.
A bit about us…
For 10 years, we’ve run a web agency (Jammy Digital) and we worked with clients of all different shapes and sizes. From big corporate clients to one-man bands. And small, local businesses to online shops that serve people all over the world.
Over the years, we’ve worked with some good clients that make you love what you do, and some really bad ones that make you want to cry.
Throughout the ups and downs as agency owners, we’ve slowly crafted a business that only attracts the best clients.
Whenever we look at investing in a course or programme, we look at the providers to see if they ‘walk the walk’ i.e. actually do the thing they’re teaching. And that’s incredibly important to us, which is why we have a very active blog.
And why we produce content like this (and this is the exact kind of content we’ll encourage you to create as part of the course).
What ongoing support will I get when I sign up?
When you sign up for the course, you’ll be added to our VIP Facebook community where all our other students hang out. In this community, you’ll be able to ask questions and get feedback on your content.
We also critique content in this community too! So we encourage you to share your content and we can tell you how to improve it.
How do you access the Content Fortress content?
Once you sign up, you will receive an email from us with your login information.
Then you’ll log into a learning platform, Thinkific, using the login instructions in the email.
Once you sign in, you’ll see the dashboard area, which looks a bit like this. And you can access all the videos and resources.
Is there an upsell once I’ve bought the course?
I’ve taken enough courses in my time to know they’ll be an upsell, and usually, the upsell is some sort of 1-2-1 programme or consulting/coaching package.
However, there’s no upsell with this course. The course will give you everything you need without you having to invest 1-2-1 time with us. As I said, we don’t hold anything back here.
What results can I expect?
Since we started creating content following this method we’ve seen some pretty interesting results such as:
- We’ve increased our prices by 500%
- We work with 50% fewer clients
- We have a 90% success rate when we send out proposals
- We’ve increased our website traffic by 10x
- We work fewer hours and get to spend more time as a family.
But for us, the biggest difference is that we are far happier. Our mental health has improved so much since we started prioritising it. Our content helps us to protect ourselves so we only attract the very best clients.
Can anything more be said about content marketing?
When you go to Amazon and type in Content Marketing, there are over 10,000 results. It’s a topic that is widely talked about and we know of some amazing content marketers who have covered the topic in depth.
And even though we’ve read pretty much every decent content marketing book out there, this course actually doesn’t pull much from the topic of content marketing.
Instead, we did a whole lot of research about ‘communication’ – i.e. communicating with clients, selling, negotiation, and even how we communicate in our personal relationships.
We then applied a lot of this theory to content marketing. I don’t pretend to have invented anything new here. Far from it. There are no (or very few!) new ideas anymore, especially when it comes to marketing.
But I haven’t seen much about taking the strategies and research of good face-to-face communication and applying this to content marketing. It’s the marrying of the two subjects that’s relatively new.
How do I sign up?
If you want to overhaul your current lead generating strategy, and walk away knowing exactly how to attract better, higher-paying clients who you love to work with, check out the course below.
Sign up now and access all the client attraction tools and step by step video training right away.
See you on the inside.
Web designer & marketer for small businesses. Martin is an experienced search engine and web design specialist, with over a decade of experience working with large corporations to small businesses.
Leave a Reply